Imagine an apartment located within walking distance to three of the most famous beaches in Florianopolis: Mole, Galheta and Joaquina; a short bike ride to Lagoa da Conceicao with its cafes and boutiques; just a few minutes away from Rendeiras avenue with its restaurants and pubs… Our neighbourhood is called Retiro da Lagoa and it is perhaps the best base to visit the island, as it is right in the middle of it, and very close to Downtown.
This apartment has two bedrooms, one has a bed for two and the other has a single bed. There’s a kitchen with a fridge, a gas stove, basic kitchen utensils. We provide you with bed linen and towels, and you will be able to use a washing machine which is just outside of the building.
We will provide mineral water, and there’s always some tea, coffee, crackers and similar “emergency food” in the apartment in case you arrive late and the shops are already closed.
All you need is close by: a lot of restaurants on Rendeiras Avenue; a couple of grocery stores; one bus stops literally at the end of our street, and the other – a short walk away. Three major beaches, a few less known beaches (such as Secret Beach) are right here; the Lagoon, with its windsurfing & kitesurfing schools, kayaks that can be rented by hour, water bikes, and more fun! Walk 10 minutes towards Joaquina and you will see the famous Joaquina Dunes, where you can rent a sandboard and slide down a huge mountain of sand! Pictures taken here will make it look like you are in a real desert!
If you like football, we have a community football field literally across the street, with several local teams competing every week. You can watch and scream with everybody else and feel as Brazilian as it gets 🙂
Lagoa da Conceicao offers a variety of nightclubs, bars, pubs, Mexican restaurants, an English pub and an Irish pub, pizzerias, cafes, bakeries… you name it, it’s there. It takes about half an hour to walk to Lagoa from here, and it is a very nice walk bordering the lagoon. Otherwise, there are buses, taxis and you can rent a scooter nearby.
But the best part is the beach: Joaquina and Mole are both 20 minutes away (walking) or 3 minutes by scooter or car (except during high season when there is a lot of transit and you are better off walking). Galheta, the island’s only nudist beach, is also close (it starts where Mole Beach ends).
If you get tired of the beach and all the fun activities around here, you can relax in the hammock on your balcony, overlooking Lagoa’s Hills. We have books in English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Dutch and Italian – and a collection of DVDs (mostly TV shows, but also a few movies). You will have access to all that and also to a few board games such as Monopoly and Scrabble to entertain yourselves.
- Kitchen with gas stove and a fridge
- TV, DVD and Blue-Ray player
- A Collection of DVDs and books
- Hair dryer
- Folding bed for the 4th guest
- Safe Deposit Box (fits a laptop)
- Ceiling fan in the main bedroom
- Regular fan in the small bedroom
- Mosquito screens on both bedrooms' windows
- Barbecue area
- 2 Bikes
- Fitness Room
- Gated Parking
- Minimum 2 nights
- USD 80 / night
- Minimum New Year's Eve: 5 nights (USD 750)
- Minimum Carnaval: 5 nights (USD 1000)
- Cleaning charge: USD 25
- Weekly rate: USD 500
- Taxi ride from the airport: BRL 50
- Booking Deposit: 30%
- Mole Beach: 25 min walk
- Joaquina Beach: 25 min walk
- Lagoa da Conceicao town centre: 40 min walk
- Secret Beach: 30 min hike
- Gravata Beach: 30 min hike
- Galheta Beach (nudist) : 30 min walk
- Nearest supermarket: 10 min walk
- Nearest restaurants: 10 min walk
- Joaquina Dunes: 10 min walk
- Airport: 30 min ride, BRL 50
- Downtown Florianopolis: 20 min ride, 40 BRL
- Jurere International Beach : 30 min ride